Join our Team!
We’re always looking for motivated individuals to join our rapidly expanding team of technical professionals. Whether you’re a sysadmin, developer, or a dark horse we should know about be sure to check our open job postings below, if there aren’t any open positions or there isn’t one matching your qualifications feel free to reach out to us anyway, we’d like to meet you.
Working at Applied Microsystems
We’re the Anchorage-based technology company that strives to bring brand recognition to our home city as a hub of innovation and sophisticated SaaS development. We’re not a startup – We’re a reimagined VAR and systems integration company with a fresh focus on our unique service offering, continued growth, and prosperity for our dedicated team members.
This is a no-churn zone, and we’re looking for team members who’ll stay the course. No, this isn’t a family, we have families, and we’d never expect that level of dedication from our staff. We have a team of professionals who are passionate about the work we do, hold each other accountable, and are committed to bringing our vision to fruition.
What do we do?
We deliver a comprehensive managed IT solution to companies across Alaska and beyond. We leverage homegrown SaaS powered by an automated IaaS backbone to support businesses from 10-1000 employees, reliably. Internally, we architect the automation to ensure productivity and keep professional service hours to a minimum.
Information Technology System Administrator
*Local Applicants Only* – All applicants must currently live in the Anchorage area or have definitive plans to relocate here in the next 3 months. This is not a remote opportunity.
We’re an MSP serving businesses throughout Alaska and beyond. We are currently looking to add a team member in the role of System Administrator / Support Engineer.
This person will perform a variety of tasks related to the customer network and computer support, software troubleshooting/setup, and work with the team on large-scale implementations and software rollouts.
As part of our team, you should be able and willing to learn and adapt quickly, work collaboratively and take direction from senior staff. Continuing education and new certifications are strongly encouraged.
The ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented, adheres to best practices, compliance, and is committed to business ethics – We do not take shortcuts.
You should have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our customer’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
As a member of our team and representative of our company, you’ll be expected to present in a professional, hygienic, and courteous manner.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up user accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Proven professional experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role 2 years minimum.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills and responsiveness.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus. Associates degree, vocational certification + experience will be considered.
Pay & Benefits:
This is a full-time position that we hope to fill long-term. Pay is DoE. Benefits include: PTO, paid holidays, sick, maternity/paternity, bereavement leave. 401K plus profit sharing. Medical, dental, and vision coverage.